Over 30,000 Clearlight Saunas sold since 1998!
Heal with Heat
Infrared Heat and Infrared Therapy
Five years ago we used to get calls from people researching a sauna to buy and they would ask, "I'm interested in a sauna. What is this "infrared stuff?" Now, more and more people like yourself have heard about the health benefits people feel and see from regular use of their infrared sauna. We hear it every week from our customers and we know were doing something right when our customer call us to tell us how much better they are feeling or the changes they have seen.
Why is a Clearlight Sauna so effective?
When you are sitting in a traditional sauna, you are sitting in a hot room; 180-220 degrees. In your Clearlight Far Infrared Sauna only about 20% of the heat goes to heat the air and the other 80% directly heats your body. The warming effect on your body stimulates your cardiovascular system, your immune system and your lymphatic system. Your bodies response to that is to sweat.
When you first get into your sauna you will start to perspire right away because of the room temperature. After about 10-15 minutes you will start sweating profusely as your body responds to the far infrared heat. You will actually sweat more in an infrared sauna than in a traditional rock sauna. Studies show that sweat from a traditional sauna contains about 3% toxins where sweat from your far infrared sauna contains about 17% toxins. The detoxifying and deep penetrating heat from a Clearlight Sauna makes them very, very effective.
Low Temperature Therapy
Infrared therapy is low temperature therapy. The scientific principles that are used to calculate infrared emissions from a surface or body say that lower temperatures produce higher quality far infrared heat. A far infrared heater having a surface temperature of 200 degrees like the Clearlight Infrared True Wave II Heaters will produce much higher quality far infrared heat than a heater running at 450 degrees or, as some heaters do, 700 degrees.
Warm your Clearlight Sauna up for about 10-15 minutes then get in. Once in, turn the temperature all the way up. The temperature will climb during your 30-45 minute session. Because infrared therapy is low temperature therapy you will able to stay in longer, sweat more and detox more.
Is The Cabin Temperature Important?
The answer to this question is Yes and No. In a far infrared sauna, the infrared heat warming your body is the most important aspect of your sauna. You can sit in your sauna with the door and roof vent open and you will still sweat and get the benefits of the healing and relaxing far infrared heat. That being said, everyone wants the cabin temperature in their sauna to be warm as it is more comfortable to sit in. So the combination of excellent quality far infrared heat and a sufficiently warm sauna cabin is the key to a quality far infrared sauna.
As a sauna manufacturer we have to find that balance of a heater that produces excellent quality far infrared heat that will penetrate and enough heat to warm the sauna so you are comfortable. If the surface temperature of the heater is too low, the sauna won't get warm enough. If the surface temperature of the heater is too high, the quality of the infrared heat will be poor.
Clearlight Saunas has achieved this balance with our True Wave II Far infrared heaters. Our heaters produce exceptional quality far infrared heat and do an excellent job of warming the sauna cabin.
Why Is The Placement Of The Heaters Important?
One of the keys to infrared therapy is warming your body core. This is achieved by concentrating the infrared heat on your back and directing the infrared heat to your front core. The heaters in your Clearlight Sauna are placed strategically to warm your body core and raise your core body temperature.
The back wall heaters run the full length of your back and are 6" wide. The front heaters are place such that they direct the heat to your front core. They are very effective at heating your body core and helping your body detox.
Infrared Therapy Is All We Do
Infrared saunas and infrared therapy are our only business and we take it very seriously. Through years of R&D we have developed new and more effective features for our saunas and we continue to do so regularly.
We would be happy to discuss infrared heat and infrared therapy with you. Please call one of our well trained and knowledgeable infrared sauna specialists at 800 317.5070. We look forward to hearing from you.