MEDICAL STUDIES AND ARTICLES
- Far-infrared therapy for cardiovascular, autoimmune, and other chronic health problems: A systematic review. Shanshan Shui, Xia Wang, John Y Chiang, and Lei Zheng Experimental Biology and Medicine (Maywood). 2015 Oct; 240(10): 1257–1265.
- Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, and Mercury in Sweat
Journal of Environmental and Public Health
- Atomic Absorption Spectrometry of Nickel, Copper, Zinc, And Lead In Sweat Collected From Healthy Subjects During Sauna Bathing
- Detoxification Through The Skin
By Mark Sircus Ac., OMD March 6th, 2005
- Repeated sauna treatment improves vascular endothelial and cardiac function in patients with chronic heart failure.
Journal Of The American College Of Cardiology Study On Repeated Far Infrared Sauna Treatments, Volume 39, Issue 5, March, 2002.
- Circulation Journal December 2004 study on infrared sauna use in patients with chronic heart failure. (PDF)
- Saunas Improve Results For Heart Patients By author Patricia Palmer
- Repeated Thermal Therapy Improves Impaired Vascular Endothelial Function In Patients With Coronary Risk Factors
By Imamura M, Biro S, Kihara T, Yoshifuku S, Takasaki K, Otsuji Y, Minagoe S, Toyama Y, Tei C. October, 2001
- Repeated Sauna Therapy Reduces Urinary 8-Epi-Prostaglandin F(2alpha)
Masuda A, Miyata M, Kihara T, Minagoe S, Tei C. Department of Cardiology, Respiratory and Metabolic Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan March, 2004
- Heat In The Treatment Of Patients With Anorexia Nervosa
By Gutierrez E, Vazquez R. March 2001
- The Effects Of Repeated Thermal Therapy For Patients With Chronic Pain
By Akinori Masuda, Yasuyuki Koga, Masato Hattanmaru, Shinichi Minagoe, Chuwa Tei 2005
- The Effects Of Repeated Thermal Therapy For Two Patients With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
By Masuda A, Kihara T, Fukudome T, Shinsato T, Minagoe S, Tei C, April 2005
- Targeted Light Therapy Destroys Cancer Cells By the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services / National Institutes of Health
Infrared Sauna Treatment: Are the Claims Backed Up? Dr. Josh Axe, www.DrAxe.com
Frequent Sauna Use May Reduce Risk of Dementia, Study Finds, Regular sauna use is linked with lower risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Christiopher Bergland, Psychology Today, Dec. 20, 2016.
Sauna Bathing is Inversely Associated With Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease in Middle-Aged Finnish Men, T Laukkanen et al. US National Library of Medicine, PubMed Journal, Mar 1, 2017.
Clinical Implications Of Thermal Therapy In Lifestyle-Related Diseases
By Sadatoshi Biro, Akinori Masuda, Takashi Kihara and Chuwa Tei 2003. Obesity And Diabetes: Pathophysiological Mechanisms and Therapeutic Approaches
- Repeated Thermal Therapy Diminishes Appetite Loss And Subjective Complaints In Mildly Depressed Patients
By Akinori Masuda, MD, PhD, Masamitsu Nakazato, MD, PhD, Takashi Kihara, MD, PhD, Shinichi Minagoe, MD, PhD and Chuwa Tei, MD, PhD 2005. From the Psychosomatic Medicine, Respiratory and Stress Care Center, Kagoshima University Hospital, Kagoshima, Japan,The Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Miyazaki University, Miyazaki, Japan (M.N.); and Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Metabolic Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
- Components Of Practical Clinical Detox Programs–Sauna As A Therapeutic Tool By Crinnion W. Environmental Medicine Center of Excellence, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, Arizona, USA
- Benefits And Risks Of Sauna Bathing
By Hannuksela ML, Ellahham S. Source Department of Internal Medicine and Biocenter Oulu (MLH), University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland.
- Effects of far-infrared sauna bathing on recovery from strength and endurance training sessions in men By Antti Mero, Jaakko Tornberg, Mari Mäntykoski and Risto Puurtinen
- Far-infrared saunas for treatment of cardiovascular risk factors By Shanshan Shui, Xia Wang, John Y Chiang and Lei Zheng, Summary of Published Evidence, Richard Beever, MD, July 2009.
6 Reasons To Put Infrared Saunas On Your Must-Do List by Dr. Frank Lipman, Integrative MD, www.bewell.com
- National Geographic, “The Chemicals Within Us”.This article explains why detoxification is so important. Toxins are all around us, in the containers that carry our food, in the carpet we walk on, in the food we eat and in the air we breathe.
Ten Reasons Why I Am Addicted To My Sauna
By Ben Greenfield, NY Times bestselling author of Beyond Training. Nutritionist, health coach, podcaster and high-performance athlete.